Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wanna Puff??

"Cigarettes and Tobacco products banned from being consumed in public place"

A good but delayed concrete step, accoding to me.

I puffed my first Cig when I was 12, in 7th Standard probably. Smoked one each for three consecutive days. Tried to figure out what respite/enjoyment people get after inhaling in and breathing out a puff of smoke. Failure at that, fortunately enough, resulted to my shunning of the "habit-in-making".

Seven years later, I was holding again the "White-Brown (4:1) Stick" between my Middle and index finger. Its an age when cigarettes may end up being your buddy or better to term as a "nemesis" for the rest of your life.

In winter of 2005, I smoked 13 Marlboro back-to-back, celebrating life with my friends at Goa. Searching for rave parties to groove upon some sexy "Phoren" chicks who would have lost consciousness enough to our liking. But, sadly we couldn't find any. And spent entire nite boozing and puffing.

A very dear friend of mine, who found that I continued to smoke even after returning from GOA, scolded me badly, as his younger brother and sarcastically said "I will finance your Cigarettes for the rest of our college lives".

The "White-Brown Twig" which i threw down from the 3rd floor of our Hostel hasn't come back. Ask me If I am only glad about it.

Well I could have been happier if that friend of mine hadn't ended up being a habitual smoker himself.

May God give all of you the courage and will to shun the Tobacco-Pipe.

2 comments:

Varun Sood said...

There certainly is a addition to this story..

He was the one with whom I tried my first Cigarette.. I don't remember which brand was it..We tried 3 different brands that day. And yeah i remember the scolding the big bro gave.. been on the receiving end myself...

Anyways its a good thing I left that habit... Don't know if he did the same or not...

Praveen said...

no he hasn't as both of us know!!! :)

Post a Comment