Thursday, June 17, 2010

7 First Dates : Part 3: The co-intern

"Hmmm that went good", Kangna was smiling wide "And I hope it made you learn that Guys are dogs especially in High school and early college years"

"Oh! Please nothing like it. Just that I feel I played it cool and managed myself a date", Aman said steaming over his aviator sunglasses.

"Ha..Ha...Ha... Very funny. Only one 7th of your challenge is over and that was the easiest on the list"

"It wasn't. I made it easy"

"Okay so how about I making the next item choice on the list"



"Ahan! Go on. Time to prove myself I guess"

"Hmmm...college goer"

"Ummm I need some time to strategize about it. Can you give next best?"

"Somebody was very confident about his potential. Haha. Okies then give a shot for your co-intern. You have any?"

"Umm there is one I particularly like: Bhavya Saran from FMS"

"Okay then. All the best! :)"

*********************************************************************************

"Hey! Nice surprise to see you here", Bhavya exclaimed as she saw Aman in corporate office.

"Ya! I had some additional work in Gurgaon. So, I thought about dropping in for a visit. So how's internship going on?"

"Okayish",she replied and turned her head back to the computer screen.

"Hey are you willing to go downstairs to "BurrrGrrr" for a bite?"

"Thanks, but I have got loads of work. Give me 15 minutes and then probably we could go", she said without turning her head this time

Interns didn't get internet connections for their laptops, so they had to come to "Trainees' Room" to access internet and mails. Though they complained a lot about it, Aman was thankful that it saved him the embarrassment of asking Bhavya out with other people eavesdropping.

"Nice template", he tried to break the awkward silence.

"Hmmmm"

"A PPT Trivia: It was 3M who invented the over head projectors, which served as presentation devices before Microsoft came with MS-Office"



"Who cares?"

He heard a glass crash within him, an indication that it was better to wait for next 10 minutes.

"Hmm! I am done", taking a look at her watch "But I don't think we have enough time; So why don't we have a conversation here?"

Aman's phone rang. He telepathically said "Excuse me, just a friend", by tilting his head to a side and lifting his shoulders while pressing his lips.

She conveyed a "Go on" by a smile and moving her hand to make a gentle slice of air in front of her.

"I will come in the evening bro and then move back probably tomorrow morning......Haan I will drop a visit to the kids...Bbye"

"Kids?!", she exclaimed.

"Arre, these are some underprivileged children, my friends...", he could see she was getting interested "...Annnnnnd I teach and look after"

"Wow, that's impressive Mr. Sharma. You're a nice guy"

Now what was that supposed to mean, his head rung. Was it an apt time to ask her out and if yes then how?

"Hmm I never want to brag about it, but I like spending my Saturday mornings with these kids, teaching them alphabets, numbers etc. I have been doing that throughout the internship period. They miss me till I see them after a week's gap. I kind of miss them too"



"Hey that's super nice. Would you take me along with you tomorrow morning? I wish to see how much those cuties miss you after you meet them after whole one week"

Now according to old panchtantra stories, there are some people who invite the bull to hit them. The reason for the self called trouble was apparent. Aman hadn't visited those kids ever in his life. His friend was flying to Mumbai in the night and had requested him to drop off some stuff to the kid's school on his way back to home.

There were some talks about how she just got involved in social service group in her college and was happy that she had something in common with Aman to talk with. Aman on other hand could hardly disagree.

"Hey, you wish to catch a movie tonight?", she asked

Now he had no ideas that his fake-association with some poor kids would actually result in Bhavya asking him out for a movie.

"Sure! Why not?", he was lovin' it but with an extra stress line over his forehead which had scribbled "Morning After?????" all around in the air space surrounding them.

Everything was running great, till he had to get off his seat to get some popcorns and Pepsi for Bhavya. Though he didn't like popcorns but he liked Bhavya who liked popcorns that liked a Pepsi to be gulped with.

He had left his phone on his seat and it had to buzz that very moment, "One message received from Kangna" and it flashed a beautiful face.

Now despite trying hard not to throw a peek at the message, the curly haired girl's pic had done the trick and Bhavya picked up the cell to read the message.

"Hey how's your date number 2 gng along? ;) Though I am a bit pissed off that you used poor kids and lies as a pretext for it. x-( Koi na. Have fun. So 2 off the list. Wich one's next.. 'The college goer?' :P"

Aman came along happily with popcorns in his right hand and a jumbo Pepsi with two straws on his left. He was thinking he could get lucky tonight.

********************************************************************************

"Koi na! On the positive side, you learned an important lesson"

"What? That even girls can punch me in eyes making them go blue...Aaaahh...Easy", he groaned as Kangna was applying hot water soaked kerchief over his left eye socket.



"No! The lesson that you shouldn't lie to get a date"

"In my defense, she interpreted it herself and she was too sexy"

"Hmm so should we count it as 2nd one or not? This looks like a failure to me."

"Shut up! I got myself beaten by a girl and you are disqualifying my attempt. And it would have been perfectly fine if you could have restrained yourself from texting me in that specific time window of 5 minutes", he thundered.

"Ohkay! I give it to you, in return of all the fun we are having right now. OOh look at the poor baby. Somebody spanked you sweetie??", she pulled his cheeks

The phone rang. Kangna picked it up. Then turned back to Aman and asked "Hey had you ordered four dozens each of notebooks, pencil, chocolates and water bottle? Some guy wants all that to be delivered here."

"Oh! Yes..call him in. They wanted a landline number. So I gave them yours"

"Oh nice! you really gonna meet the kids?"

"Ummm... Yes but I NEVER WANNA BRAG ABOUT IT" and he winked.

"Oooohh you are a sweetie pie."

"Eeeeeh...Please stop pulling my cheeks" he said as they sat for the dinner.


to be continued......


Part 1

Part 2

Part 4

1 comment:

Cheater Chinu said...

Good one :)when is the part 4 coming ?

Post a Comment