Monday, April 6, 2009

Begaani Shaadi mein Abdullah Deewana!!

Hmm...One of my dear friends had published a blog entry about how he felt about being uninvited at some occasions. This reminded me of those uncountable dinners we had at weddings parties in Gurgaon and other nearby farmhouses. Here is the summary of all those wonderful (read delicious) moments:

Hmmm...On April 21, 2004 (Thanks Google) Virender Sehwag wedded Arti Ahlawat (thanks again) along with 41,812 couples (I am a Data Analyst).

So there was I, at the Khoka, relishing my plate of maggi along with senior friends from 3rd and 4th year. Nikhil Sharma, one amongst them, suggested wedding-crashing, when I told him about so many weddings in the city. I was game for it. I put on my only remaining ironed half shirt, borrowed a pair of trousers we set off for our "great wedding search".

We found one. When I got down from bike, he asked me to wait until the Groom's Convoy arrived. That sounded like a plan!

It arrived and we too sneaked in with it. So as course had its way, Bride's relatives thought us to be Groom's relatives and vice versa. We straightaway headed for snacks corner. Then took some soft drinks/shakes and followed it with some main course and dessert.

It seemed that videographer knew more than what we did about ourselves and I am sure we would have shared the screen space 50% of the total video duration.

Sorry Amit bhaiya and Anjali bhabhi. Now you would have figured whose side the two guys with ice-creams filled in mouth, belonged.

When I graduated to 2nd year I was a veteran, and guys wanted me to lead them into wedding-crashing. Our excuse - "Mess food is bad". But more than that reason, I liked the sense of thrill we had all the time when we were bent down on trying everything meant for the bellies within a limited stipulated time.

Once confident we didn’t wait for Baraat to get in. We used to roam in confidently, passing by Bride's father and uncles, mobiles on ears, saying - "Yes mom I have reached. U and Dad in their? Yeah I located you. Coming there"

Once we landed up in a reception party with barely 70 guests. But I in fact, managed to engage into conversation with one of the uncles about how good dance performance was.

Sorry to all those couples for appearing uninvited in their weddings!!

Thank you Pradeep bhaiya, Priyanka bhabhi, Deepa didi, Ashok Jeeju, Aakash Uncle, Sanjeevni Aunty (wedded in their late 30s I guess)



HMMMMM....I WISH WE HAD CLICKED SOME PICS!! :-(

4 comments:

Varun Sood said...

my blog entry was not to say that I felt uninvited.. read it again...

and dude you crashed weddings and you never took me along... kameene :P

Anonymous said...

Dude!!! very nice.. More then food or anything it was about sense of thrill and happiness that we used to get..

Charchit said...

Interesting indeed!

gul said...

Absolutely Hilarious!! i thot u wer kiddin whn u used to tell me bout your escapades...
Goodness, lol... i wish u had clicked sum pics man, tht'd hav made it look better ;))

Post a Comment