Sunday, April 5, 2009

A trip to the countryside!!

A trip which had an unfortunate beginning (my grandpa expired) turned out to be an enriching experience.

My mum had left early at the onset of hearing the saddening news. Grandpa was ailing for than a year now. So in some corner of one's heart everybody felt contentment as he was relieved of all the pain and agony he suffered.

Dad and I went 4 days after. Located about 30 kms from the Nepal-India (Bihar) border, its one of the places where I feel complete peace of mind.




My mamu, mami and their kids (read Raakshas Sena) joined us on our way to Nanigaon.
I managed to survive them and their zillion questions which seemed straight out of 100 yrs of possible history of "who wants to be a millionaire"

We reached there next morning and I got into the groove the same day. Got my pic clicked doing my own bit for the cause.




It was a 5-Village community dinner (bhoj) next day. Preparation was to be done by everyone in family.




Massive event requires massive arrangements. As this cooked rice storage:




And a few sweets:


And the server: :-)


2 mornings later I went to one of my nanaji's cousins, a maithil sahitya scholar. He told me about the origin, history, development of Mithila culture. I was too impressed by the knowledge he granted me.

Then we left for my Dadigaon (Paternal grandparents' home). On way I saw the changing facets of Bihar. Transport, roads communication everything is developing at a fast pace. Thanks to Nitish Kumar, Bihar is out of Clutches of Lalu for at least 5 years.

Now a very unique pic. Only one of its kind. This is a bridge over Kamla River. Uniqueness lies in the fact that both Road Transport and the Railways use the common bridge. I might be prosecuted for publishing this pic. :-( The bridge is property of Railways and hence is still awaiting its maintenance, courtesy Shri Lalu Yadav.



We visited the old and locally very famous Shiv Mandir, which is still to get its recognition at national level. UGNA MAHADEV (the complete story will be published in some other post)



That marked the end of a very enriching experience. The one I was going to use for my MBA GD/PI Interviews. I converted one ...FMS..(hurray) waiting for 10th April. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment