Wednesday, April 7, 2010

And things continued!

June 2011

He had completed his MBA and had joined in an MNC. He had been thankful to them to get him an opportunity to work in Mumbai, the city of dreams.

Just another Monday morning. Rush hour. Mumbai never waits for you. And amidst that some things don't change.

Trringgggg.....tring. "Oh!", he said yawningly and followed by "Holy Crap! Not again"
It would 5th time in fortnight that he was going to be late. He decided to go for the meeting with the client instead. "Taxi", he shouted, still buttoning a couple of shirt buttons.

Screeeeeeechhhh....A cab halted. "Nariman Point, within 30 minutes". He must had been kidding when he said that. He was late for the meeting too. He called up the client's reception, "Hello this is Aman Sharma from *******, I had a meeting scheduled with Mr. Rahul Sareen".
"Wait a minute sir, let me check", said the pleasant sounding voice on the other side. "Sir he has left for another meeting. He waited for you quite a long".

"(Oh Crap) Hey there, I will be really grateful to you if you could arrange my meet with somebody else in his team"

"Sorry Sir, I can't"

"What if we can meet up this friday at Hard Rock Cafe"

"I doubt that sir"

"I mean, just for nice chit-chat"

"I will be going to Goa with my husband, sir"

"Ohh! I am extremely sorry. I didn't mean it..."

"No issues Aman", the voice chuckled, "I will try to arrange your meet with Miss Grover"

"Thanks, ....err...."

"Saloni, and by the way I am free next weekend. Thanks for calling *********"

He couldn't stop smiling on the last line. It wasn't long when his phone rang.

"Aman Sharma here"

"annn... Hi Mr. Sharma I am calling from ******"

"Oh! You must be Miss Grover. Am glad you called"

"Yes! We came to knew you couldn't make for the meeting with Mr. Sareen. So if you can over now, probably we can discuss few things."

"Sure, you will get me there in 5 minutes. Cheers. Bye"

She hung up the line. Alongside the phone receiver was a placard with "Akshita Grover" written over it....

Part 6

Part 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nik likhai chiai sir..
padhai likhai choir ka kitab likhu. :)

Post a Comment