Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Evening!



"A black coffee for me and Cappuccino for the lady".

"Sure Sir"

"So, how have you been lately? In fact how come you land up here? I mean, it’s been over a year since that day", he found it hard to control his excitement.

"Hehe! Nothing much, I joined here a week back as a system analyst in Mr. Sareen's team. Before that college's fourth year. What's up with you in last year", she said and giggled.

"Ha-ha! Dual accidents I must say. Well, I completed my MBA. I opted out of placements because wanted to open this consulting firm with my friend and batch-mate and then here I am pitching for clients", after a pause he continued "by bribing them by asking for a cup of coffee with me", and they both had a hearty laugh.

Then there was this abominable lull. Both just searching for second set of ice-breakers. He started again, "I wish I had taken down your orkut id that day. I came home to find that it was almost impossible to find me with the information you had.” Failing to see an expression, he continued "You remember about adding each other on orkut. Don't you?"

"Yeah, I do remember. In fact I searched once but couldn't find you.” she replied

A year ago

"Akshita, this is crazy. We can't divide profiles of over thousand Aman SharmaS amongst to manually check which freaky guy you met on metro.", Indra said.



"Indra, I know but can't help. Please help me sweetie", she pleaded.

"What a jackass he had been? Couldn't he have asked for your phone number?"

"Babes, it would have been too awkward, knowing that we met about 20 minutes ago"

"And isn't this awkward? What the hell?", she roared.

"Look I have checked till 59 pages. Will check till 60. Last page. Okay", she said and clicked next. The phone rang. "Yes mommy", she moved out in balcony as she talked. "Yes Indra is with me. We would reach Lajpat in about two hours"

The screen had just finished loading. The third profile read:

Aman Sharma
Mumbai, Delhi
India
About Me: Enjoying my stint at God's own Kampus

"Ya Mom", she moved closer to the computer. "Okies bbye, I have work to do", she hung up. "That's your 60th page. Go through it and then if you please can we leave?"

"Okay... let me see". *Poof* Power cut. The UPS was of no use. Almost simultaneously there were two voices
"Damn"
"Thank God, now can we leave"
"There you go", she agreed unwillingly. "Maybe we can find someone in IIMK who may be able to help"
"Hey don't be so desperate. If it has to happen maybe you will meet him again someday when you least expect him to", Indra winked
"Oh Please! It's so filmy. Okay let's go", she said as they moved out.


"Sir, Ma'am your coffees!", said the waiter, breaking the third abominable lull of the evening

The phone rang again. She picked up, "Yeah! I will be there by 10. Just out with an old friend. .....hmmm....okay..bbye...love you too. Take care"

He started to ask a question, "So, boyfr..". She replied in between, "No, it was from my PG, my roommate, Nikita", she smiled.

Phew, a close one. He wanted to thump in air once again. But rather resorted to have a calm silent sip of the black coffee.

"My boyfriend lives in Hyderabad, though. His name is Prakhar"



Part 8

Part 1

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oooooooooh shit boy frien,......naiiiiiiiiiiii aisa nai hoskta.....yaad dil toot gya mra...aisa dramatic mod is story me...!!!!!

Shailly said...

abe wen she was searchin on orkut 4 dat guy... wo part tho thriller tha!! :) aweosme!!

Rahul Aggarwal said...

sorry buddy!!! aaj ja ke padh raha hun sari blogs.....

awesome work... :)

Praveen said...

Thanks!

Post a Comment