Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Meeting the other Guy!



A couple of weeks after the coffee at mocha's, she called him:

"Hello..", he answered yawningly. It was Saturday. The night before he had been partying hard with work colleagues. The hangover was bad even at 11:30 next morning.


"Prakhar arrived this morning. Let's catch up this evening. What do you say?", she was as excited as ever.

"Ohhhkay..", he yawned again.

"Cool! Have some lemonade right now though. Why do you guys have to drink in so excess?. Anyways take care. See you in evening. Bbye"

How can the life be more screwed? Expensive party, flat tyre, drunk and drive challan, bad hangover and the icing on the cake:
Meeting the boyfriend of the girl you like.

"Morning buddies", he tried to wave his hand to Nidhi and Vivek and then moved to fridge to check for lemons. Vivek was his flat mate cum business partner. He and Nidhi had been in relationship for nine long years. Yet, it seemed like their love was as fresh as new.

"Morning Ammmy! What happened? Bad hangover? Why do you guys have to drink in so excess?", she fired question shots.

"Not Again! Please", he ignored and then continued "And I am in a bad mood too"

"What happened dude?", asked Vivek.

"Have to go and meet this guy called Prakhar, I told you about"

"Who??"

"Akshita's boyfriend dude!"

"Ohhh! I remember. Hehe that's very cool..Infact brave hearted stuff!", Vivek punned.

"Oye Shut up! Not a time to joke! He must be feeling very bad now", she scolded Vivek and then continued "Do you think you need to go through this? I mean, you can avoid it. Can't you?"

"No yaar! I will manage. She trusts me for a second opinion on him. I have to do it." he made his way to bathroom.

"Awwww! Poor boy, he is sooooo into her. May god help him", Vivek chuckled again as a habit.

"I will slap you if you make fun of him again", she thundered.

"Sorry honey! Out of habit. I love you.". She was indifferent. "I said I looove you. Okay take this cushion and hit me". She did and they ended up having a cushion fight followed by a cuddle and a kiss.


Evening

"Hi! Prakhar"

"Hi! Aman"

"Hi! Akshita. What the F. Why do guys behave so formally in first meet? And just feed them chips and beer they will become talking machines."

They all laughed in agreement.



They discussed about all three of them. Akshita re-told Prakhar about the first meet they had. He tried to manage an uncomfortable artificial smile, as Akshita was detailing him about it. Aman told him about his work.

"Hmmm and tell us more about Pallavi", again she was excited.

"Pallavi?", he was bad with names. He recalled just in time who was Akshita referring to. "Yeah Pallavi of course!". He re-recited the stuff he said earlier.

"Hey last time you said she could be here in some time. Prakhar is here for next two weeks. Ask her to come in this period and maybe all four of us can set out for somewhere close by. What say?", she was getting curious about this Pallavi

"Yeah sounds like a good plan", he said instinctively and then thought over "Where would I bring a Pallavi from, now? Damn!"

"Cool! So that's done. Give me a call when she land up in the city"

They bid goodbyes. And as they left, he watched them go, wrapping arms around each other. Her head rested on his shoulder as they walked. She hit him on his arms a couple of times, while still not letting him go far. They seemed so happy and blissful. He smiled and turned back to make a move towards home.



"He is a right match for her, I have realized", he said while still staring outside the balcony.




"Dude! Are you becoming crazy?", said Vivek munching a handful of wafers.

"I mean, I don't see a point in trying. Maybe it was all destined as this."

"Nope man! Look they way you met not just once but twice, this sound like a plan of destiny, but for you and her", Nidhi said with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Don't go with that buddy! She is a big time fan of Srendipity, the film", Vivek warned and then smiled sheepishly at Nidhi when she glared at him.

"I don't know. I am confused", said Aman in a frustrated tone.

"Give yourself and this possible relationship a chance, buddy", Nidhi continued.

"I don't want to break it up for her"

"I am not asking you for that. I am just saying maybe you never gave her a chance. You said she was pragmatic about this relationship with Prakhar and not that much romantic about it."

"But the way they walked. I could see...", he paused midway.

"I am not saying it would be all farce. But, maybe she just ran out of options when she made that choice, like I did", she made face at Vivek. "Jokes apart, don't let it go that easily"

"Hmmm! She wants to meet Pallavi"

"Oh! That's great for us, we can add some spice of jealousy here", Nidhi smiled wickedly.

"There goes 'My best Friends Wedding' fan", said Vivek while watching Arsenal Vs Liverpool match highlights.

"But, where will I bring this girl from?"

"Umm!! Don't you have any female friends?", looking at his face "Oops! sorry wrong question."

"Why don't you become Pallavi, honey?", Vivek said browsing through channels pausing at FTV and then moving on, realizing Nidhi was alongside.

"That's not a bad idea at all. Wow this sounds fun", she had childlike joy on her face.

"Anything I can do my dear friends", said Vivek still staring at the screen.

"Yes! you be the chauffer! right!", said Nidhi and both of them laughed while Vivek showed some frowning skills.

The plan was on.



Part 10

Part 1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice write
Can't wait long for the next post ..


I would have revealed my name..but you have allowed Anonymous comments .So you should have some of them.

Anonymous said...

its getting more and more filmi ..
i must say choice of pics is really nice ...

Anonymous said...

I guess this is something every nice guy goes through.. Nicely written man.. hope the story maintains its believability though..

from a fellow Komrade..

Post a Comment