Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Day After- The one before the last one!! :)

"I was drunk, honey. I didn't know how that happened. It was an accident", Prakhar tried to defend.



"Don't you dare call me honey again? I introduced you to my office mates yesterday in morning and I catch you hooking up with that b**ch in night. And you call that an accident.” she thundered.

"Baby! Please don't be so mad at me. I am really sorry. I swear I didn't want things to turn this ugly"

"Then what did you have mind when you were busy doing that slut? Of course you might have thought that it won't come out in open. Just go away from my eyesight, else I don't know what........” she broke down with anger.

"Please don't do this to me sweetie. I love you. Please forgive me", he made one final attempt.

"Forgive you? Would you forgive me if I went around sleeping with people, some of which I have barely known for 18 hours? If this is how I see when you were with me, I can't even guess what all you would have been doing in Hyderabad all this time.", she started crying and said again "The trouble is, Prakhar, a trust once lost can't be gained again. It's over. In fact it shouldn't have started in first place.” she ran away crying.

Aman tried calling Akshita for next two days but couldn't reach her.

"Damn! Her cell phone is switched off for last two days.” he said in frustration.

"But this is a good news buddy. She's broken up with that jerk and now you can be what she wants. You just need to portray yourself as a shoulder you can cry upon", Vivek said.

"Shut the f**k up! No more games please. She is completely broken. And I don't care about all that stuff", he shouted and then said calmly after some time "I just need to speak to her"

The phone rang.

"Akshita! Where are you? I had been trying to reach you madly for last two days....But why?....Okay let's meet up first...You need to talk to someone......No, Pallavi wouldn't mind....Hmmm...See you in an hour"




He picked up his Vivek's car keys and rushed out before stopping once and asking Nidhi "When should I tell her that Pallavi is not for real?"

"Not now Ammy! Let her come to terms with this phase first"

The meetings and Akshita's tears continued for a complete week.

"Aman! The one thing I respect most about you is your fidelity with Pallavi. She is definitely extremely lucky to have found you and vice versa. Never ever break her heart. Got it?"

"er..Hmmmm I won't"

"I hate people who cheat or lie, be for whatever reason. I can’t even have a bit of respect for such kind of people"

"Yeah me too.", he was beginning to feel miserable.

They finished with their coffees and rose up to leave.

"Aman, I am so thankful to you that you are with me in this despair of mine, despite the fact you have your own things to care and work upon", she said with gratitude in her eyes and continued "I will always feel grateful for the day we met first, during that short but journey in Delhi Metro", she said and kissed him on the cheeks, "Bye".

"Why is she talking in such tome as if she is not going to see me again", he thought but managed to say "Take care Akki"

"I will", she said and then moved away.



She came back to her apartment and got busy in packing her stuff.

"Nandani, did you put advertisement in newspaper for a roommate?"

"Yes Akki!", she replied and continued after a pause "Akki! Do you really think you need to go. I mean why can't you stay here? You have got good job, friends and a loving roommate", she tried her last bit at emotional blackmail.

"That's sweet of you my roomie, but I have got to sort few things in my life. Moreover I don't want my friends to lose what they can have in midst of their attempts to normalize me. I am hurt, no doubt, but it will get healed with time and I will be back after that.

"By friend do you mean Aman, the same guy, searching about whom on orkut, you got crazy."

"Yeah! He is the one", she said with a smile.

"So, now I know why are you leaving the city? Why don't you tell him that you like him?"

"Shut up! It's not like that."

"It's exactly like that. See I am a relationship counselor. Moreover you don't even need to be a counselor to know what's in your eyes for him. Go on tell him what you feel about him."

Akshita was silent in agreement.

"It's not that simple as it sounds. Maybe I like him because how close he has been to me in last couple of weeks. Maybe it’s just because he has done so much for me in these troubled times. And also he is very much in love with this girl called Pallavi"

"So, that's the only reason Pallavi. What would you have done if Pallavi wasn't there?"

"Look there is no point discussing this as both of us know that she is really there and I can't and I shouldn't do anything that would jeopardize two blossoming lives. End of the arguments."




Nandani was quiet.

Akshita spoke further "My flight is at 10:30. I would leave in about 20 minutes and maybe my cell phone would be switched off. I don't want Aman to know that I am leaving. He may call here. You make some excuse. You promise me on that?"

Nandini nodded unwillingly


Akshita left as scheduled.



"Hi, is that Nandini?"

"Yes"

"Hi, this is Aman, Akshita's friend. She is not picking her cell phone. Do you have any idea about her whereabouts?"

"No, she would return late in night I guess"

Nidhi was inquisitive "What happened? Where is she? Is she gone?"

"Oh yaar! Let me talk please", Aman shrugged her off.

"Is that your girl friend, Pallavi?", Nandini asked.

"err... Look Nandini I don't want you to tell this to Akshita now, but the truth is Pallavi aka Nidhi is my friend's girl friend. I, rather we", he angered on Nidhi "came up with this crappy idea about me having a girlfriend would make Akshita jealous. But all went haywire after the Prakhar episode"

"Damn! She thinks you are in love with Pallavi and her presence around will create turbulence in your life."

"What!!"

"She likes you Aman. And to avoid hampering your love life she is leaving city. She is flying to Delhi by Kingfisher's flight at 10:30", she said hurriedly and then looking at her watch she continued "You have time on your side. Two hours. Rush to the airport at once"

"Damn! Thanks Nandini", and he hung up.



"Tell Vivek I have taken his car", he rushed for the keys.

"He has already taken the car. Was saying something Gibberish when I asked why."

"F**k my life. Okay I am off. Just pray I reach in time", he sprinted.

Somewhere other in Mumbai

"Mohanlalji, Is that ring ready?" he asked

"Yes Sir! see, isn't it beautiful?", the jeweler asked showing the 5 carat diamond ring.

Seeing the sparkle "Yes! Sure it is. Pack it in a beautiful case. I will pay by card."


"By the way sir, you are buying that for someone special, aren’t you?"

"Yes Mohanlalji, it's for the love of my life, Nidhi", Vivek answered "Wish me luck."

"All the best sirji and Congratulations"

Part 12

Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment